Opportunities for Accepted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance! This is a huge milestone, and all of Gonzaga shares in your joy. We are excited that you are interested in sharing your talents with the GU community!
The opportunities at Gonzaga are endless, but it is up to you to take initiative! We are a community of action, and there are a few actions you might consider taking now that you are accepted:
- Make Gonzaga Affordable: File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by February 1 to receive a Comprehensive Financial Aid Award by mid-February. We encourage everyone to file a FAFSA to be considered for Gonzaga grants, even if you believe you will not qualify for state or federal aid.
- Apply for Scholarships: Most of the Gonzaga scholarships that require a separate application are due by February 1. For scholarships outside of Gonzaga, please check a database provided by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Register for GEL Weekend: Mark your calendar on April 16-17 for Gonzaga Experience Live! (GEL Weekend). This is an overnight visit for admitted high school seniors only. Registration opens February 1. Watch your inbox and mailbox in a couple weeks for more details and registration information.
- Connect with Current Zags: You will receive a phone call from a current student this winter, but we encourage you to reach out to them as well. You can contact our Student Communication Team starting January 17 at 800-322-2584, ext. 6572. They are available Sunday – Thursday, 5 – 9 p.m.
- #BeAZag: If you decide to enroll at Gonzaga, you must submit a confirmation form and tuition deposit of $400 by May 1. The confirmation paperwork is in your acceptance packet.
- Stay Informed: Specific information for accepted students, including a link to information about student housing, can be found at: www.gonzaga.edu/accepted.
Throughout the spring, we will send you more information about next steps, and opportunities to connect with other future Zags. Please check your e-mail regularly and don't hesitate to contact The Admission Office with questions or concerns. Again, we are thrilled that you are considering Gonzaga as your future home, and we hope you choose to #BeAZag!